Important points to remember when you are in an accident involving a third party.
If you find yourself in this situation, don’t panic.
- The first thing to remember is to stay calm, assess the situation, and ensure that everyone is safe.
- If there is a need for medical attention, request an ambulance.
- To assist the insurer, make sure you take photos of the incident and the surrounding area (where the cars came from, third party vehicle displaying the registration number, license disk of the third party vehicle etc.)
- Try to get as much information as possible from the third party (e.g. Name, surname, contact information, IDnr, address, vehicle details, license details).
- If there is a dispute with regards to how the accident happened, an independent witness can assist the insurer. If an independent witness was present, please obtain their name and a contact number.
- Remember to report the incident to the police as soon as possible, but no later than 24 hours after the incident.
- Inform your broker and complete the relevant documentation needed to register your claim.
Contact one of our risk advisors here to ensure that you are sufficiently covered in the unforeseen event of a third-party claim.
Although all possible care was taken in the drafting of this document, the factual correctness of the information contained herein cannot be guaranteed. This document does not constitute advice and anyone planning on taking any financial action based on this document, is strongly advised to first consult with their personal financial advisor. ProVérte Risk Management is an authorised financial service provider with FSP no. 51584.